AudioNodes - Technical Specs
AudioNodes was designed with a focus on freedom and versatility - the high-quality, high-performance audio processing system lets you apply audio effects and processing vigorously and extensively, without having to worry about losing quality in the process:
- High quality, 32-bit floating point audio processing system with 64-bit floating point timing precision
- Process audio in up to 32 separate audio channels, with automatic up-mixing and down-mixing of common channel sets (such as stereo to mono, or stereo to 5.1); manual channel routing and mixing is also supported with up to 32 channels
- Unlimited number of mixing channels and tracks
Drag-and-drop MIDI files, and audio files in a wide variety of formats, your files are ready for playback and processing in seconds.
- AudioNodes desktop supports high quality, in-memory playback of most wav, mp3, mpga, mp2, mp2a, m2a, m3a, m4a, mp4a, oga, ogg, spx, weba formats, with optional drag-and-drop support to open files quickly.
- For audio file formats supported by AudioNodes Online, please see the About page inside the app, as it can vary from browser to browser.
- MIDI files can be imported, either wholesale, or select tracks only.
- Experimental support for 64-bit VST 2.4 plugins, and all 64-bit VST plugins compatible with the 2.4 specification (e.g. VST 3 plugins with a 2.4 wrapper). This is currently only available in AudioNodes desktop, and on Windows only.
- AudioNodes needs at least a Dual-Core 2 GHz CPU, and 2 GB RAM for basic functionality and simple projects (less than 100 active Nodes, a few short audio files).
- Basic GPU (Intel HD 2000, or AMD Radeon 8400 HD graphics chip), and at least a 800x600 screen is needed.
- Installation requires Windows 7 (x86 or x64), Linux (Ubuntu 12.04, Fedora 21, or Debian 8 or later), or Mac OS 10.9 or later, as well as 200 MB free disk space for all 3 platforms.
- AudioNodes Online requires an up to date, modern browser, such as latest Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox.
For medium projects (relatively simple electronic music, music primarily composed of pre-recorded loops, or playlists with rich effect transitions)
- A Quad-Core 2 GHz CPU, and 4 GB RAM is required for projects with a considerable amount of content (around 200-300 active Nodes, less than 1 hour of audio files).
- When working with more audio files, 8 GB RAM or more is recommended at this time.
For large projects (complex scores, with dominantly custom sampled or synthesized instrumentation)
- For large-scale, serious projects, a strong CPU (Intel i5, AMD FX 8150, or equivalent), 16 GB RAM, and a considerably strong GPU (GTX 560 or HD 7850) is required. This setup is capable of actively processing audio through more than 1000 active Nodes (depending on the exact Nodes used), exporting more than a hour long audio, and using several hours of audio sources simultaneously.
- AudioNodes supports both mouse (recommended with keyboard), single-touch screen, and multi-touch screen inputs to work across a multitude of devices.
- Live keyboard play supports a pre-defined computer keyboard (called "Virtual" on the MIDI Keyboard Node), as well as standards-compliant general MIDI devices (for example, USB MIDI keyboards).
- Additional MIDI devices (for example, controller boards) are supported on a per-MIDI-channel basis (i.e. you can listen to MIDI messages on select MIDI channels), see the MIDI Input Node for more information.
- All effects and modifications are applied in real-time, AudioNodes features 100% non-destructive editing (for example, files you open are not modified on disk).
- 100-step undo history, which gives you plenty of room to experiment with various configurations.