This is a so-called human readable summary of what you can and can’t do with AudioNodes, and does not officially govern your use of AudioNodes. For that, please see the next chapter, End-User License Agreement (EULA) of AudioNodes.
In short, it’s totally OK to use AudioNodes to:
- Create, record, assemble, distribute, and sell original works you created (such as music tracks, albums, mixes, ambiences, and sound effects you created), because what you create is your own intellectual property (yes, this includes commercial use, which is totally OK – in turn we ask you to consider an AudioNodes HD subscription).
- Create, distribute, and/or sell derived works, as long as you are permitted to do so.
- Create live performances.
It’s totally not OK to:
- Redistribute AudioNodes itself (or a part of it), especially for commercial gain; that is, we ask that you don’t “sell” or “lend” it, because unlike the audio stuff you create, AudioNodes itself is our intellectual property, not yours. This restriction includes re-distributions in any form, such as “software bundles” or CD (although probably not many folks left using CD for this purpose today).
- “Steal” AudioNodes (or a part of it) either by (1) extracting actual working parts of it through disassembling, “beautifying” or other means of reverse engineering, or (2) by reproducing significant portions of its original ideas “as-is”. You might be interested in Copyright and Threshold of originality. Surely we can’t claim copyright for something as simple as a rounded rectangle, but please respect that AudioNodes stands as an intellectual property. Thank you for understanding.
AudioNodes End-User License Agreement (EULA)
This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you and AudioNodes, Ltd. (“Authors”).
This EULA governs your acquisition and use of our AudioNodes software (“AudioNodes”, “Software”) directly from the Authors or indirectly through a reseller or distributor (a “Reseller”) authorized by the Authors.
Unless specified otherwise in this document or the EULA of a specific version of the Software, this EULA applies to all versions of the Software, including every installable version and browser-usable version.
Please read this EULA agreement carefully before completing the installation process and/or using the AudioNodes software. It provides a license to use the AudioNodes software and contains warranty information and liability disclaimers.
By installing and/or using the AudioNodes software, you are confirming your acceptance of the Software and agreeing to become bound by the terms of this EULA agreement.
If you are entering into this EULA agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these terms and conditions. If you do not have such authority or if you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this EULA agreement, do not install or use the Software, and you must not accept this EULA agreement.
This EULA agreement shall apply only to the Software supplied by the Authors herewith regardless of whether other software is referred to or described herein. The terms also apply to any updates, supplements, Internet-based services, and support services for the Software, unless other terms accompany those items on delivery. If so, those terms apply.
The Authors hereby grant you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the AudioNodes software on your devices in accordance with the terms of this EULA agreement.
You are permitted to load the AudioNodes software (for example a PC, laptop, mobile or tablet) under your control. You are responsible for ensuring your device meets the minimum requirements of the AudioNodes software.
You are not permitted to:
- Edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate or otherwise change the whole or any part of the Software nor permit the whole or any part of the Software to be combined with or become incorporated in any other software, nor decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Software or attempt to do any such things
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, resell or otherwise use the Software for any commercial purpose (except for the distribution of original works created using the Software)
- Allow any third party to use the Software on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party
- Use the Software in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law
- Use the Software for any purpose that the Authors consider is a breach of this EULA agreement
Intellectual Property and Ownership
The Authors shall at all times retain ownership of the Software as originally downloaded by you and all subsequent downloads of the Software by you. The Software (and the copyright, and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in the Software, including any modifications made thereto) are and shall remain the property of the Authors.
The Authors reserves the right to grant licences to use the Software to third parties.
Unlike the Software itself, original creations, performances, and other creative works created using the Software are the intellectual property of their creator(s) as defined by copyright law.
For any third party software components included with the Software (such as software libraries, or executable files), if a separate license is included, that license takes precedence over this agreement for the given software component only.
Limitation of Liability
The Software is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.
This EULA agreement is effective from the date you first use the Software and shall continue until terminated. You may terminate it at any time upon written notice to the Authors.
It will also terminate immediately if you fail to comply with any term of this EULA agreement. Upon such termination, the licenses granted by this EULA agreement will immediately terminate and you agree to stop all access and use of the Software. The provisions that by their nature continue and survive will survive any termination of this EULA agreement.
This EULA agreement, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this EULA agreement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the European Union.